Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Huge-gantic


The other day Ellie told me that I was am getting "huge-gantic." I definately have to agree with that one. I can't believe that I'm almost 38 weeks! The baby hasn't dropped and I haven't progressed at all, so I think I might make it to my due date or beyond (it runs in the family.) The little ninja in my belly is extremely active (waaay more than Alan and Ellie were.) Ribs, bladder, and other innards are being wildly punched and kicked at all hours of the day and night. Though it hurts, the crazy kicks are a reminder that he is healthy and they are reassuring.
We watched the movie "Little Princess" yesterday. It's always been one of my favorite books. There are a lot of sad things that happen to the main character, Sarah Crew, but in the end good prevails and Sarah finds a happy life. During one of the sad parts Alan put his head under a pilllow and re-emerged with tears in his eyes. I assured him that everything would be okay and that the bad things that happened to her only made her stronger. At the end, when everything worked out, he stood up, danced around, and flapped his arms happily.
One of the reasons that Alan is so dear to me is because of his sensitivity to others. He is the first to get teary-eyed during a movie or upon hearing of the misfortune or sadness of those around him. He loves babies and animals especially, and is the first to defend the underdog or someone being picked on. He can't stand to see Ellie get in trouble and stands up for her on almost every occasion.
When I walk them to school in the morning, he walks Ellie to the Kindergarten playground and tries (sometimes unsuccesfully) to give her a big hug before they part. His teacher says that he is very kind and considerate in the classroom as well. I feel so blessed everyday that Heavenly Father has entrusted me with such a sweet son. It makes me especially look forward to meeting the baby boy who will be arriving soon to our family.

1 comment:

  1. Zach is the same way-thinking of others and protective of his baby sister. Alan will be a good big brother to your new baby!

    ReplyDelete