Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Hamster Heaven

I took Dray to his two-month-old check-up yesterday. Aside from the painful shots in his poor little legs, everything went well and he was pretty nice. He is 14 lbs. and 1 oz. now and in the 97th percentile for his weight and 100th percentile for his heighth. We love him more every day.


In other news, our dear Slinky Potato Hamstee has finally given up the ghost. We had him for three years and he was a cute, energetic, and patient companion for Alan and Ellie (who both shed some tears over his departure.) He endured being held day after day and didn't once bite a finger. We know he's in a better place.
So...does anyone want a perfectly good hamster cage, complete with wheel and little porch? We also have food, bedding, etc... The reason why we will not be needing these in the future is because Ken and the kids went to pick out a hamster at Petsmart, and guess what happened? They all three adamantly decided that they wanted a cat. Now, it's not that I think kittens and cats aren't very cute, but what I don't think is cute are kitty litter messes, cat food costs and fur everywhere (that, and they make me sneeze when I hold them.) Eventually Ken and the kids were able to win me over with the promises of help with vacuuming, extra chores, and lots and lots of begging. I can't believe I finally caved in.
So, we now have two adopted kittens (that are litter box trained, thank goodness) running around the house. When I see them, my two first thoughts are: A) They are very cute and fluffy, and (B) I can't believe I let them talk me into this...

4 comments:

  1. You have my congratulations-condolences all together about the kittens. And may i say you did a lovely job in baking little Dray. They don't come cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't budged yet. I can't believe you did! I am tempted to take your cage, but I am not ready for that yet either. My kids will want to visit you! I hope they vacuum more for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Pam! Post some pics of the kittens will ya? If you want to make it easier on yourself, get a drinkwell fountain and cat food dispenser. It's so much easier when you go out of town and don't have to worry about feeding the cats. Also, a scratching post is a must in order to save your furniture. We've had our cats for a year and Bill made it clear from the start that he would not lift a finger to feed, change litter, etc and he hasn't. I promised him I would take care of them and I have. But he has since bonded with the kitties and will pet them.

    ReplyDelete