Sunday, February 5, 2012

Life Lately






It's been quite a while since I've posted. Here is our lives over the last few months in a nutshell.

* We're having a home built in Gilbert (Meritage at Lyons gate.) The price is fantastic, interest rates are low, and the best part is that it's very green. Okay, I just visualized a house with a neon green exterior, so I'll clarify; super energy efficient. The community that we are building in was just listed as one of the top three green communities in the world. With Ken's work equipment constantly running at home, we have a $500 utility bill on average, so the idea of having a smaller utility bill is super appealing. We feel very blessed and excited! The house should be done in March sometime.



*Dray is loving Nursery
at church. He calls his leaders "Nursery Mommy and Daddy" and when we pick him up after
ward, he spends quite a while telling us about all the exciting things he does there. The most common topics are his favorite song (Once There Was A Snowman), snacks, and bubble time. He's become quite the conversationalist. He loves playing with play-dough, drawing on the Magnadoodle
and singing. When he has a terrible two's tantrum he shouts "Momma, Please!" over and over. He gets frustrated when we can't understand what he's saying, which is the cause of most of his tantrums. He still calls Alan "Aggie." We are working on that. He's very snuggly, opinionated, determined, and lovable.

* Ellie is still the socialite of the family. Every day, several times a day, many different neighborhood kids knock on the door requesting to have her come over and play. She spends most of her afternoons trying to diplomatically split up her time between all of her friends. Her friends from school also are constantly calling, asking if she can come over. I can always tell where she is in the neighborhood by her extremely audible and unique laugh (which sounds kind of like a machine gun, and just as loud.) She's very sad to be leaving the neighborhood, but will no doubt have friends lining up at the door of our new home in no time.

* Alan is on the Principal's Gold List for getting all As. He is most often very kind and obedient a home and school, and always tries his hardest. He's especially sweet to Dray, who several times a day yells, "Aggie, play with me!" Alan will usually stop what he's doing and take some time to play with little bro. He's especially good at boosting Dray's confidence. Dray was drawing today and Alan stood over his shoulder and enthusiastic praised every drawing he made. It was so cute to hear him say, "Dray, that picture is so good! I love it so much!"

* Ken and I are Cub Scout leaders. I've been a leader for a few months, but my companion just had a baby, so Ken got called in with me. The scouts are rowdy, cute, and fun. I'm enjoying the calling.

* In December, Ken and Abby where once again patient and sweet enough to let me be in another play (ANNIE.) I played Cecille (Daddy Warbucks' french maid), a homeless lady, a fancy New Yorker, and FDR's secretary. Lots of costume changes and lots of fun. I am thinking that maybe I can pull off one play per year? I have so much fun singing, dancing, and getting to know fellow cast-members. The nice thing about Copperstar plays is that they are only around four or five weeks from start to finish.

*Ken has been very busy lately at work. On many days he'll see multiple clients and he's been working lots of overtime. His job is such a blessing, which we especially appreciate at a time when still so many people are out of work.

*My mom, brothers, and sisters are coming to visit this next weekend for my mom's 60th birthday celebration (Feb. 9th). Mostly we'll just be hanging out and visiting, but I'm excited that we'll all get a chance to be together. It's been a while since all of my siblings were together in one place. Ken's mom's birthday is also on Feb. 9th, which is a fun coincidence. They are both wonderful ladies and I'm blessed to know them.




2 comments:

  1. I loved the update! Wish I could come see all of your plays. Congrats on the new house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for updating your blog! I can't wait to see your new home (: Love sister

    ReplyDelete